I can remember finding these jeweled delights on a platter at my Grandma’s house and falling in love. They were so tasty – and the fruity gumdrops were a nice lift among all the rich and gooey treats at Christmas. Be warned – they are ADDICTING – but so worth making!
- 1 cup softened margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups small fruit gum drops, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars. Blend until smooth. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir into sugar mixture. Add oats, coconut, and nuts. Stir in fruit.
- Mound by spoonful onto lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
You can used the spiced gumdrops if you’d like, but I always preferred the fruit flavored gumdrops.
As an alternative, you can use chopped candy orange slices – delicious!
This is a recipe I’m planning to make with my girls this year. I don’t know how many gumdrops will actually make it into the batter, but we will have fun doing it together!!!